Dec 16, 2016 |
Specialty Vehicle Group (SVG), a subsidiary of J.B. Poindexter & Co., Inc., is a leading North American manufacturer of funeral coaches and limousines, enjoying strong name recognition for both of its brands, Eagle Coach and Federal Coach. SVG has revenues of $50M and employs 110 staff. Plant and corporate operations are co-located in Amelia, OH, a Cincinnati suburb. SVG markets and sells its vehicles through a well-established network of independent dealers.
The SVG Business Unit President is responsible for formulating and implementing the strategic plan that guides the direction of the business. This position will report to John Poindexter, CEO of J.B. Poindexter & Co., Inc.
- Set strategy and vision of the company
- Oversee all other executives and staff within the company
- Plan, develop and implement strategies for generating resources and/or revenues and EBIT for the company
- Oversee the complete operation of the organization in accordance with the direction established in the strategic plan, including Sales & Marketing, Operations, Engineering, Quality, Finance, HR, and IT
- Develop strong business relationships with dealer networks and other sales channels
- Identify and execute on both organic and acquisition growth opportunities
- An intense focus on environmental health and safety
- 8+ years of experience running a P&L for a $50M+ size industrial manufacturer with responsibilities for both Operations and Marketing. Leading an independent business location would be a plus.
- 4 year university/college degree required. MBA would be a plus.
- Experience working with dealer networks and various distribution channels.
- Industrial manufacturing operations, sales/marketing and Lean expertise required
- Efficient management of working capital activities and cost reduction planning and execution
- Exceptional communication skills and cultivation of relationships with employees, external customers, and suppliers
- Knowledge of and experience with M&A activity would be a plus
- Implementation of initiatives that improved safety performance on all fronts
- Ability to travel 20-30%
- Relocation to the Cincinnati, OH area required
Posted in: Jobs